Job - Driver/Yard Assistant
We are recruiting a driver/yard assistant If you fit the criteria, send your cv FAO of Claire to email@example.com
Job description: Driver/yard assistant
Salary: above minimum wage, competitive based on experience.
Location: Ebbw Vale
Job purpose summary:
Delivering goods to customers using 3.5 tonne company vehicle and working as part of a team at a timber yard.
- Delivering goods using company vehicle to customers as per the delivery schedule in a timely and safe manner.
- Working together with the yard team and drivers to ensure that material is loaded in the correct order, safely and ensuring it follows the delivery schedule.
- ensure that vehicle checks are routinely completed each morning adhering to appropriate vehicle policies.
- Assisting the yard team, serving customers, and gathering materials for future drops if deliveries are completed, preparing orders for the next day.
- Ensuring that the vehicles are kept clean and presentable. Straps are to be maintained and reset for future use by either the driver or back up drivers.
To ensure that all deliveries and collections are fulfilled and provide an excellent customer service.
- Safe loading of vehicles.
- Correct manual handling.
- Follow h&s measures.
- Dealing with difficult customers.
- Customer service.
- Product knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Forklift desired but not essential
- Respectful/good manners
Education & experience
- Aged 25 years + due to insurance purposes.
- Retail experience.
- Industry relevant experience.
- Clean drivers’ licence.
This job description does not represent a finite list of duties and you may be called upon to undertake further duties or additional duties not already mentioned but in accordance with your post as (post).
This job description does not represent a contract of employment.